fry/spicy potato roast)
(South indian style spicy
Potato roast (Aloo
- 5 medium size potatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp chana dal
- few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of oil
Potato fry or aloo fry
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes.
- Allow them to cool for sometime. Then peel and roughly
smash into cubes.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop add remaining seasoning
- Saute till they turn into golden yellow colour.
- Add chopped onions and saute till they turn into
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they become
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder and required amount
- Mix well and add roughly smashed potatoes.
- Mix well and cook on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Finally adjust salt and remove from flame.
- Now your spicy, easy and tasty potato fry (aloo fry) is
ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Sambar rice, curd
prep time: 15 mins
cooking time: 10-15mins