(Indian non vegetarian food
- 1/2 kg chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of oil
- few curry leaves
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1" fresh ginger root
- 4 garlic flakes
- 1/4 tbsp peppercorns
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces and drain all the
water and keep aside.
- Make a paste with paste ingredients.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop add curry leaves and
- Saute till they turn into golden brown colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they become
- Add ground paste and again saute till the raw smell
- Now add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric
powder and saute for a min.
- Finally add washed chicken chicken pieces and combine
- Add required amount of water and cook on low flame till
chicken become tender.
- Finally adjust salt and garnish with coriander
- Chicken curry is ready to serve.
- Serve with sambar,
Prep.time: 15 mins
cooking time: 20-30 mins