(South indian beans fry
with dal recipe)
Beans fry (Beans
- 500g beans
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 garlic flakes, roughly crushed
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Beans stir fry with dal
- Wash, peel and cut the beans into small piece.
- Boil the beans with enough water till they become
- Remove from heat and drain the excess of water and keep
- Cook the dal with required amount of water.
- Make sure that the dal is not cooked too soft or
- Heat a pan with oil and add urad dal and crushed
- Saute till they turn into light golden yellow
- Add cooked beans, chilli powder, turmeric powder and
- Cook on low flame fro 2 mins.
- Add cooked toor dal and mix gently.
- Onceagain cook on low flame for 3-5 mins.
- Finally adjust salt and remove from heat.
- Now your simple and tasty beans fry is ready to
- Serve hot with sambar rice, rasam, yogurt rice,
prep time: 15 mins
cooking time: 10-15mins