pachadi or toor dhal chutney
(south Indian chutney
Kandi pachadi or toor
- 1 cup toor dhal
- 1" ginger piece (peeled and chopped)
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 8-9 red chillies or to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat a pan with oil.
- First roast the toor dhal in low flame till they turn
into golden yellow colour.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenu greek, red
chillies and coriander seeds.
- Roast them on low flame for few mins and keep
- Allow them to cool for few mins.
- Add all the roasted ingredients in a mixer grinder and
make a fine powder.
- Now add ginger, garlic, tamarind pulp, salt and little
amount of water.
- Onceagain grind it to a fine paste or your desired
- Finally adjust salt and your toor dhal chutney is ready
- Serve with rice, idly, dosa, etc...
prep & cooking time: